The estimated number of people with memory-related diseases living in Finland is 193 000. Approximately 14 500 Finns develop Alzheimer's or a related disease yearly. Presently there are approximately 7 000 Finns with memory disturbances under the age of 65.
Finnish memory work
These poster have been presented in international conferences held by Alzheimer Europe and Alzheimer's Disease International.
- New care guidelines for home care services and nursing homes
- Many faces of memory diseases
- Memory Activists – The Finnish model of participation
- Thoughts of people with younger onset memory disease about inclusion
- Everyday Attorney to support people with memory-related diseases and their relatives
For more information:
tel. 09 6226 2010, 040 455 1329
Muistiliiton kehittäminen, toiminta ja hallinto sekä yhteiskuntasuhteet. Muisti-lehden päätoimittaja.